AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation well questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John..neAR
Posted 3/5/2015 10:13 (#4432850 - in reply to #4432671)
Subject: RE: Irrigation well questions

Caraway, AR

The insert (pic) is a water bearing: That's what we use *here* best for shallow pump settings , again *here* about 50-70 ft. The line shaft is lubed by the flow of water.

The 2" pipe your talking about is more than likely a oil lube line shaft. The 2" pipe will have a bronze bushing (some had redwood) every so often .....(maybe 10') and oil would drip down through the 2" pipe to the bushings with the lineshaft running inside that. The 2" pipe would keep the water out of the oil in the shaft. This system is for deeper pump settings, and requires a drip system of some kind. 

It depends on how deep your water is, which system would be best. If your water table is high (like ours, 30+ or-) then the water lube is better. If your water table is lower, the rubber bearing would /could gall before the water got to it to cool/lube it, therefore the oil type would be better.

Where that dividing line is I don't know.

Usually the pump bowls can be separated enough to  see the condition of the bowls/impeller, but I think you would need some kind of special tool to take them completely apart.

Scale on the pipe would be OK, pitting should be discounted.

I'm not a well man, just a farmer that's put in a few wells over the years.

John

(PICT3299 (Large).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PICT3299 (Large).JPG (90KB - 106 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)