AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many insure their pivots?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Irrigate NE
Posted 3/3/2015 05:36 (#4427035 - in reply to #4426763)
Subject: RE: How many insure their pivots?

South Central NE
In SCNE I would think 100% of the pivots are insured because as Dale said winds will overturn them routinely. My wife sells insurance for a local outlet and she always tells this story from about 15 years ago: There had been a wind event in Jan of that year and some of their clients had lost pivots. So they turned in the losses to a major company in OH. 3 days later one of the underwriters called them back with questions on the loss. One of the questions was "don't the farmers put their pivots away for the winter?" The people in her office all had a very good laugh about that! But, 15 years ago in OH I doubt many folks would have known what a pivot was. Seriously though, she says there is a tendency for the companies to withdraw from participating in any coverage on the Great Plains and that premiums will tend to go higher in the future. The loss ratios out here are just too high. I suspect some of that has to do with the incidence of storms and some with the cost of equipment. Good luck on your decision...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)