AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2000 Peterbilt 379 cruise control?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 3/2/2015 19:56 (#4426321 - in reply to #4426110)
Subject: RE: 2000 Peterbilt 379 cruise control? (editted)

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

I'm guessing that you have an electronic engine, for the year 2000. There is a good chance, for its brake pedal ECM signal, it might just be using a simple air pressure switch, set at 3-5 psi that triggers an "Closed" circuit  "Open Circuit"   (with brake pedal depressed) = that tells the ECM, on the engine, that the brake pedal is depressed.

It may not have anything to do with 12 volts DC ,at all. 

It might just be "closing a circuit". "opening a circuit"

Hopefully, Bern will read this thread, and add more info.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I am a little unsure , if this is the correct electrical engine schematic, for your engine. I do know it is for a CAT engine, that has a 70 pin design, ECM on it.{found photo of a schematic, on a PTO installation blog}

Notice what it shows for the brake pedal = closed circuit means brake pedal released. ( So, I assume, you must have a sensor, that is open, or broken wire, or some air pressure is telling OEM sensor to "open up" = thus it is "telling" ECM that the brake pedal is depressed)

Edited by 4WD 3/2/2015 20:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)