AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crate training a pup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

bbbreezy
Posted 3/2/2015 06:22 (#4424539 - in reply to #4424207)
Subject: RE: Crate training a pup

Blackstock, Ont
We tried it all with our yellow lab; blankets and toys in the crate. She howled. Then we tried water and food in the crate with door open to make her go in and out and feel comfortable. She did go in to eat and drink but that was it. Times we had to go out we had no choice but to leave her loose in house. We blocked off the bedrooms and hallway and left her in the kitchen/living room and pulled up the plugs. When she was six months old or so we gave up and the crate ended up a big piece of furniture in house that we used just for discipline. All I had to do was say crate and she would settle. She still sleeps with us or should I say she allows us to sleep with her. Hired man has a chocolate lab about same age who just loves his crate.
bbbreezys wife

ps tried the chicken etc. treats and keeping her in there while I was in the room with the crate door shut. I never let her out when she was howling or whining just the quick inbetweens. Tried leaving the room for short bursts. I could never get her used to it and really tried.

Edited by bbbreezy 3/2/2015 06:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)