AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere to a network??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

boomanchu1967
Posted 2/27/2015 03:50 (#4417273 - in reply to #4417105)
Subject: RE: Deere to a network??

If I were a John Deere customer, I would for sure make my position known, "I want an open system".

If I were a John Deere dealer, I would be screaming for Deere to bring it to the US market, because the use of Network technology could increase their footprint without purchasing more single point radio RTK devices, giving each dealer more access geographically, and more potential customers to sell the signal to. I would also be very supportive of RTCM and CMR, because that would allow a Deere dealer more opportunity to work with other customers, and new customers because you can now offer a compatible solution.

To others who have posted about yes they can get on the network, this is true, only if there is an overlay conversion to John Deere, Digi farm is doing, or using cellular ie Intuicom to broadcast Deere Correction. The point of the document to me shows, that RTCM and CMR are supported, and with a modem or a radio, now the industry is supported via Deere, not just Deere internal or Deere with a conversion applied.

SO guys I think the real point GreenGrizz shows is that Deere has the ability to be open, the reference to CMR and RTCM support in their pdf is the real point to notice... not that they can use a modem.... or be on a network.

Edited by boomanchu1967 2/27/2015 03:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)