AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Next economic question. WHY is debt so prevalent throughout the world today?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cfdr
Posted 2/24/2015 11:23 (#4410438 - in reply to #4409581)
Subject: RE: Next economic question. WHY is debt so prevalent throughout the world today?

Alberta Farmer - 2/24/2015 02:26

On a related note( or maybe part of my theory), in a perfect world, if you had your way, how should the money supply increase as population and economic growth occur? Or does it ever NEED to increase.  Could we all function just fine with permanent deflation caused by technology and efficiency in a world with a fixed supply of currency.  Eventually bringing back fractions of a penny.

IMHO (and I do mean that), that could be a world where economic growth is very restrained. It depends, again, IMHO, on what the concentration of wealth looks like. This is one of my memories from the 30s depression. No, I'm not that old, but my memories are from conversations I had with my dad. One of the things he said (several times) was that there was no money. No matter how hard you wanted to work or how smart you were, there was no money to get started doing anything. Is there a system where capitalism can work, but yet the system is set up to avoid the crippling concentration of wealth? I've wondered about that for a long time.

One thing that has always been something I've wondered about is - with almost every country saddled with so much debt, both public and private - who is it really that we owe most all of it to? This appears to be something that is very secret. I know there are lists of banks, etc., but I would be very interested in seeing it broken down by individuals and families. IMHO, it is very obvious why this information is hidden.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)