AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time and date stamping pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/22/2015 10:27 (#4404800 - in reply to #4404431)
Subject: RE: Time and date stamping pics

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
jodan - 2/22/2015 06:33

Is there a way to make an iPhone or iPad time and date stamp directly on the picture?TIA

Not that I am aware of. My standalone digital camera has a setting for that. Even though it is available I usually left it OFF on that camera as I felt it distracted from the picture.

The time/date stamp is part of the file characteristics for each picture but not on the picture itself. I just took a picture with my iPhone 6 and looked at it on my computer. When I looked at the file properties it listed the date/time, file size and other characteristics.

I just returned from a trip and wanted to put together a slide show that included pictures from two different iPhones and a standalone digital camera. I connected each device to the computer one by one and copied the pictures to a common folder on the computer. This file contained all the pictures taken by the three devices. Viewing them by date/time put them in a coherent order as each device was set to the correct date/time.

I then manually renamed the pictures with new names like 0010, 0020 etc so that when I put them on a USB stick they would be in the order I desired when I played them back on my SmartTv. I used iTunes to put this collection on an iPad and also on my iPhone. This worked as I had planned except for one picture. This picture was a title picture of sorts that I created from scratch with Paint.net. This picture was simply a title page and said Winter Trip 2015. I named it as 0010.JPG. It is first as I hoped when the set is viewed on the TV but is last when viewed on the iPad or iPhone. This leads me to believe that the iPhone and iPad use the date stamp since this title page was created after I returned home.

One other observation of the combined set is that apparently I have my iPhone set to use the Location where the other iPhone must not. When viewing the combined set of pictures, those I took have the location and the date shown on top of the picture, those taken with the other iPhone or stand alone digital camera only have the date/time shown. I believe this setting is under Location services. I notice my setting for camera is While Using which I suspect is why my pics are tagged with the location.

Edited by tedbear 2/22/2015 10:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)