AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My computer needs to go to the ER
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/20/2015 08:40 (#4400299 - in reply to #4400056)
Subject: RE: My computer needs to go to the ER

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Every situation is different. As long as yours is slow but still works I would try to get the valuable information off of it and move on to new. I was in a somewhat the same situation and took it in to an "expert". My experience was not good in that she couldn't handle it so she took it to someone else. The end result was not what I hoped for and I ended up buying a new computer anyway but of course had the expense from the expert.

Many have suggested removing the hard drive from the old computer and using it as an external drive for the new computer. I have no experience with that plan. I had a couple of older XP computers and was using one in the shop just for playing music and it started misbehaving and the screen started to go bad. I went to Wal-Mart and bought the cheapest HP laptop that they had which was $199 but I've seen priced lower. This computer is really stripped down and doesn't have much for extra features but actually suits my purposes as the music source very well. I had the music on an external USB drive that is still fine and I plugged it into this new computer. I use the headphone jack and a cable to plug into an old stereo receiver that I have with a music system.

Edited by tedbear 2/20/2015 08:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)