AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

excel question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 2/19/2015 10:32 (#4397863 - in reply to #4397669)
Subject: RE: excel question.

Iowa
Can't you set it up so that you only have to input the price in one input cell and have the other 15 cells = the input cell? I've got a spreadsheet set up with 4 crops (could be made to do more). One is the master sheet that totals all farms and crops, but the same format is replicated for each farm and crops on that farm. Numbers like price that would be the same for all farms are entered in the master sheet and automatically appear on the farm sheets. Numbers that are specific to each farm are entered on the individual farm sheets. Each farm sheet has the itemized list and totals for each field and farm total. The totals for all fields and farms are combined and automatically appear on the master sheet of the same format. All the input cells on the master sheet and the farm sheets are highlighted to make it clear where the numbers need to be entered.

I should probably learn more about drop boxes, but so far have gotten along without them by using simple formatting adjustments. Conditional formatting gets to be time consuming because it makes the equations a lot longer, but is sometimes necessary. Perhaps I'd get better at it if I did more of it.

edit: If you are really determined to use the drop boxes, perhaps Omar or someone else much more capable than me will eventually chime in with the answers. Sometimes I've run a google search to learn to do stuff like that as well.

Edited by tigger 2/19/2015 10:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)