AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nearapat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Grandma Jane
Posted 2/1/2015 09:03 (#4353954 - in reply to #4353436)
Subject: RE: Nearapat

Same farm as t-boss SC IA
I have what is called small fiber neuropathy. My podiatrist had me take Alpha Lipoic Acid to see if that helped. I also went online & did some reasearch & found a company that sells a natural product that has large doses of vitamins B12 & B1 plus some alpha Lipoic in it. I took 4 pills a day plus 2 extra alpha Lipoic. As I understood the doc, it's the large doses of B12 that they have decided is the key to helping neuropathy patients. I noticed after a week that the tingling & restless feeling at night had deminished greatly. I took these for almost a year. The company sends a 30 day supply....120 capsules per bottle....each month & the Lipoic you can buy over the counter. After the doc released me, she told me to stop taking the supplement at the 1st of the year & then 2 weeks later stop the Lipoic. I stopped the supplement but I wanted to use up the rest of the Lipoic so I'm stlill taking those. I have noticed though that the restless movement at night is more than it used to be & I don't like that. I did ask if it hurts to continue to take the supplement & she said it won't. My body will get rid of any extra B12 that I don't need. I don't like paying $50/month though so decided I would just see what happens. If I decide it's too annoying I can always start ordering it again. I am sure though that my problem isn't as severe as you have as I don't have pain associated with mine....just annoying tingling in my legs & numbness in my feet. I didn't want to take any prescription drug so this was the best solution for me. I do think that it worked to a degree but I really doubt there is anything that will totally work. Hope you can find something that will provide you with some relief.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)