AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Can/Power implement cable....not long enough
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/31/2015 12:00 (#4352067 - in reply to #4352014)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Can/Power implement cable....not long enough

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning your first link to eBay. This might be the answer for you. It is important to distinguish between an extension cable and an implement/power cable. An extension cable has like but opposite sex connectors on each end. In other words, it could plug back in to itself. Its purpose is to extend the length. An Implement CAN/power cable has the large AMP connector on one end but has the CAN and Power connectors on the other.

The cable shown on eBay is 12' long and would mate with the 3' cable in your original post. This is a single product implement cable and has one CAN connector and one Power/Ground connector. This may be very adequate for your situation, if this cable will reach from the module or modules on the planter up to the 3' cable coming out of the tractor.

Notice that it does not have the black Deutsch connector on it. This cable only has one pair of Power/Ground conductors. Again this may be very adequate for your situation. If using this cable it would not be necessary to put power IN as I mentioned above since there is no way to get it OUT of this cable anyway.

If this cable is long enough and you don't have many modules on the planter then this should suffice. I was thinking this is what you might have on the planter already. If so and you need more length, this cable won't do you any good since it cannot be put "in between" cables you already have since it is not an extension.

The other cables I have been mentioning are extensions and would go in between things but would still need an implement CAN Power cable at the far end.

Concerning the second link. This may be what you need if you have the 1500 GPS from Ag Leader. I have no experience with the 1500 but the AMP connector shown in the picture is correct for connecting to the KPM population monitor. Fortunately this type of connector follows a standard wiring pattern throughout the industry so there is no problem with different wiring schemes. It may seem strange that only two wires go to the AMP connector but it has four pins. This is correct and is necessary to trick certain monitors into thinking that they are connected to a real radar gun.

Edited by tedbear 1/31/2015 12:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)