AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Statistics on Farmland. Rented, Being Paid For, and Owned?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jlase
Posted 1/31/2015 07:04 (#4351428)
Subject: Statistics on Farmland. Rented, Being Paid For, and Owned?

Does anyone know of a resource that would have information on what amount of farmland is owned free and clear, owned but still being paid on, and rented. Also it would be interesting to see a breakdown of this by crops raised.

I was just looking at a good crop budget from Missouri and yes I see a few areas a guy could tweek but it seems pretty real to me. Looks like it pencils to make a living if you owned the ground and just pay taxes. You'd have something to put towards land if you are buying it. But negative if you where renting it. I know things can overnight though.

As far as renting, it just interest me as to how many kids who inherited the farm, but moved to town and couldn't tell you the first thing about the farm except the cash rent, and stories about dad 20 years ago. Are going to rein in a nice check, while the guy that does all the work, and risk it all, praying for rain, the storm to miss, and the corn to stand and dry down, gets set to burn up equity. Farming to feed and fuel the very people that are going to break his bank account.

Sorry for the rant. But I was just talking with my wife about the company that she works for and how the do so well selling "MANAGEMENT". Little off subject but anyway It would be interesting to see the break down of farm acres.

Edited by jlase 1/31/2015 07:05

(Screenshot_2015-01-31-06-39-51.png)

(Screenshot_2015-01-31-06-40-04.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_2015-01-31-06-39-51.png (178KB - 760 downloads)
Attachments Screenshot_2015-01-31-06-40-04.png (200KB - 767 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)