AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally got the new radio installed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/29/2015 08:58 (#4346781 - in reply to #4346756)
Subject: RE: Finally got the new radio installed

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have Blue Tooth enabled radios in my car, pickup and Deere 8310R. The Blue Tooth with my iPhone works well in the car and pickup. I don't talk all that much but it seems fine and would seem to be safer than using the phone directly.

As far as using it in the tractor, I haven't really tried it since many here have indicated that the person on the other end will have trouble understanding you. In the tractor, I just use the phone in the normal manner.

I have music on the iPhone and it works well with the car and pickup via BlueTooth but I haven't tried it in the tractor as I just got the iPhone over Christmas. With my older cheap Android phone, the music had dropouts when played via Bluetooth but worked fine with a direct connection to the USB port. I attribute that to the slow processor speed of the cheaper phone.

Although the music works fine in the car and pickup via Blue Tooth, I usually connect the phone to the vehicle with the USB to lightning cable. This charges the phone for one thing but also allows the voice recognition systems in the car and pickup to do advanced searches for certain songs if I desire. That feature is not available when going the Blue Tooth route.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)