AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using the new alley and chute
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 1/29/2015 00:49 (#4346409 - in reply to #4345552)
Subject: RE: Using the new alley and chute

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Looks very good! Also inside and well lit!

I also have a TruTest aluminum scale platform in the alley just ahead of my chute. It does get slippery.  I was looking for a piece of wide rubber belting and couldn't find any.

Solved the problem by going to TSC and buying a black rubber mat for the bed of an 8 ft pickup truck box.  I used a razor knife and some boards to cut an 8 ft long by 4 ft wide section out of the middle of this PU truck bed mat and laying it over the 7 ft long TruTest platform with the sides curled up against the sides of the alley.

Make a couple of 6" long slits on each end of the mat to allow a flap to hang down over the ends of the scale and you have a non-reflective, non-slip mat over your scale that also will keep the load bars from getting covered with manure. 

The PU bed mats don't cost a lot and are very non-slip.  Cows don't hesitate to step on the black surface. It can also be dragged out and cleaned off with a hose occasionally.

Thanks for the pics. Nice construction job!

Jim

Looks like a ForMost 150 chute with A25 auto headgate. A nice relatively simple, lower cost, very functional setup. I like mine. Just need to figfure out and remember to reset the headgate clearance (flip lever + bolt) for calves vs cows. I really like your elevated walkway.

Edited by Jim 1/29/2015 00:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)