AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn, beans and spring wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/28/2015 11:54 (#4344693 - in reply to #4344618)
Subject: RE: Back to the DEEP FREEZE next week after this weeks RECORD temps..

zenfarm - 1/28/2015 11:13

my question is there a bounce in there somewhere?

Yes:)

Between where we are now and $5.15? Who knows. Between here and $4.00? Almost certainly.

I think most technical guys will not answer a question like that because most of them believe they can be wrong and they don't want to be wrong for anyone other than themselves.

For myself, after what I have studied today (which mostly means refining my ideas based upon what jpartner says, lol), I don't think we'll have a significant bounce before $5.15 and possibly lower. That being said, even though I'm currently 0% hedged (woops) I'm not going to re-hedge at these levels because I think at some point we'll be higher than today. Maybe not a lot higher, but some higher. I don't think the risk that I'm wrong is worth hedging to try to catch the last 20 to 30 cents down here.

zenfarm - 1/28/2015 11:13

if it goes lower am going to rehedge, but have been waiting on a bounce to rehedge a higher levels but don't want to sell at these levels, but don't want it to go any lower and keep going down to those levels you talk about. Have set my sights for the last several years on those numbers you discuss, because of deflationary impluses, but now they are here and I am having a hard time pulling that trigger, again. I should have just let my previous sales at higher levels be my hedge, but got greedy :).

Sounds like you did good on your hedges to me between reading this post and other posts you made. I think you hedged 100% of trendline yields? That is quite a concerning thing to me. I hate being that short the market which is why I bought a few courage calls today. Now after my studying I'm wishing I had waited a bit to buy the courage calls, but they are not that expensive.

Edited by dpilot83 1/28/2015 11:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)