AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

All in One
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 1/20/2015 07:27 (#4324632 - in reply to #4318755)
Subject: RE: All in One

West Union, Illinois

I print a lot.  Besides farm and family stuff I am Asst Chief of our Fire Dept (that means I get to do all the paperwork), MABAS 59 secretary (more Fire Dept stuff)  Church Clerk, and Secretary/Treasurer for our cemetery association.  There are days it feels more like a print shop than a farm office.  I have a Brother MFC-7360N that I really like.

In fact I like it so much when my old faithful Lexmark on my bookkeeping computer died I found a Brother laser printer using the same engine.  It was on sale so I bought two of them.  Both are used on my bookkeeping computer which stands alone.  It has no internet access, ethernet, wireless modem, etc.  One is dedicated just to checks and the other does all my farm black and white printing.

But back on topic, I had a Samsung laser printer and an HP multifunction.  The Samsung died of old age and the HP just died.  I have yet to own an HP printer that was not replaced under warranty.  This one had been replaced because it failed under warranty (maybe twice now that I think about it) so I was not inclined that direction.  Good warranty support is great.  Not needing it is better. I found this at Staples, did a quick search and saw pretty good reviews, and bought it.  It plugged into my network, prints quickly, makes great copies, has a document feeder, I'm just tickled to pieces with it.  I haven't used the fax function but it's there if I need it.

I'm currently running aftermarket toner and drum.  But even with OEM my cost per copy seems pretty low.

Downside: It's black and white, no color.  And the paper tray is on the bottom so when it runs out you have to move the pile of stuff you stacked in front of it.  And that is all I have found bad about it after running a couple cases of paper through it.

Edited by Mike SE IL 1/20/2015 07:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)