AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Updates
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/6/2006 08:47 (#33128 - in reply to #32461)
Subject: RE: Insight Updates

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am of the understanding that the lightbar feature is only available with Autopilot. My Insight is in current use with the manure tractor without autopilot so I haven't had a chance to investigate.

My understanding is that the main use of the lightbar feature is to help the operator turn in properly before the Autopilot is engaged. I planted with Autopilot this Spring (left the markers up) and noticed that I did not always make my turns perfectly before engaging the Autopilot. This was with a 30 foot pull type planter and MFWD. The Autopilot would get the tractor online nicely but sometimes it took awhile for the planter to "square up" behind the tractor. This resulted in some wide/narrow guess rows when I pulled in. The lightbar feature may help me with this situation. Then again maybe not, as I used to have the same problem before Autopilot even using the markers.

Concerning "slaving" the 132, it would be nice to be able to perform all Receiver settings via the Insight. As you have noticed such is not the case. This is consistent with the situation in the past where a PF3000 could set certain receiver settings to certain TSIP receivers. There again some functions could be set or changed but not all.

I assume the main reason for adding this, was to allow operators with "blind TSIP" receivers to perform some changes without using a PC and Ag Remote. This might be the case with the 252 or its Ag Leader equivalent.

In my case, my Insight is sometimes used with a 332 which has its own screen, an EZ-Guide+ which has its own screen or a Raven 115 which wouldn't be supported anyway.

Edited by tedbear 8/7/2006 08:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)