AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bruised Spud
Posted 1/8/2015 21:16 (#4298246 - in reply to #4297238)
Subject: RE: 2388

Chaffee, Western New York
Dad brought home a 2388 from Ohio to replace our 1420 (there went my shed building budget, surprise!). J48BJ JJCO 289855 Buckeye in Columbus 1500 seperator hours. No history. Just starting to see just how bad it is after a few years...... I was pretty sore about this thing being dropped on me.

Bottom of the feeder house is bent down. Something bad happened to the unload drive. Several shafts have been replaced and it had a fresh chopper.Just put new o ring chain and sprokets on rock trap. Not sure where to look to see what the elephant ears and cone look like. (Just pull feeder house?) Augers look bad to me. Thinking about welding a rod on the edge or adding Polly liners.I've had to fix the header engagement rod.

How do I evaluate the hydrostatic transmission? It feels mushy in 3rd gear (doesn't want to climb grades, slipping)

I wanted to build a shop and rebuild our 1420 or and other slightly larger machine instead I got handed a massive combine that needs work and no place to work on it.
If you have duels check the studs that hold on the final drives. Only other 2388 I have seen had a bunch busted off.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)