AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tile maps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jolinggrains
Posted 12/22/2014 08:37 (#4256950 - in reply to #4252823)
Subject: RE: Tile maps

central WI
I understand what some are saying that since you just bought this land you are not entitled to them. However, I disagree. Since you own the land and tile, the maps should come with that purchase. Part of a due diligence process in my opinion. As for the intellectual property line he gave you that is nonsense. Sure, he designed and drew them, but he was paid for them when the tile was installed. If he wanted to really pinch pennies he could charge you about $40 for the USB and some of his time.

For my customers the design, mapping and any data we record is theirs so long as we are the installers of the tile. If we do not install the tile, we just charge a fee for the design and any data that goes with it. They get a hard copy and an electronic copy. I also have backups on hand for future needs so that in 5, 10, 20 years they are available.

$1000 is just being greedy in my opinion. He has been paid for that service already, and if he's worried he can just charge you an hour of labor. Sounds like someone I would not want to do business with!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)