AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Differently/Beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tass
Posted 12/18/2014 17:34 (#4249359 - in reply to #4248939)
Subject: RE: I need to apologize

18k ZS everything mainly ZS/L
8 corn
2.8 ZW
Interesting tho 2k in hard wheat's up 2k combined.

OI should be dropping with beans being shipped,what I understand is once ships are loaded,commercial hedges are lifted. Trouble with beans is they have dropped from 812k down to 656 as Novie went off the board. IMO pile of bets made in the bean market left with ZSX the vast vast majority of this being short covering. Buying back positions,making the market strong with the lack of producer hedge pressure as price rose.

Trouble #2 is SA has been said to be under sold on beans, 29%-to 35% normal the last I hear a week or 2 ago. IMVSO SA is selling (hedging) in ZSH/K part of the reason we just can seem to break over 10.50

NP with Ken, his experience at Cargil over 30 + is invaluable to me. He started with Cargil being sent to Russia in the 70's. He's been in China and a couple of other Asia counties. Kinda sounds likes company's like this once you pay your due's going over-seas you come back with brownie point to the states.

What I've been told these big companies like Cargil/ADM/Bunge who-ever have a strong trend to move guys around in different parts of the biz. Don't leave them in one stop too long and get into a buddy buddy relationships with end user or producers.

Locally with ADM edible bean division we have had the same "Chief" since 2001 he was a soybean meal guy before with in ADM, Some are surprised he's been here so long as edible bean are quite different then C/B/wheat when it comes to marketing and you want to develop a good relationships with your end users as there is very few out there anyone. 70% of Northarvest ND/MN navy beans going to Bush Brothers Beans and Duke,,,,,, Duke is "THE DOG" you see in their commercials that won't share their secret recipes ! ! ! ! ! 100% of my navies end up in a Bush Brothers can of pork and beans and as a long time grower they have treated us very well :o)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)