AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Farm Program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J.D. Farms
Posted 12/17/2014 17:51 (#4247150)
Subject: New Farm Program

Northeast Ne
I didn't know where to post this, but I guess it has to do with marketing somewhat. I went to the F.S.A. office the other day to update yields on a farm that I rent. I rent the crop ground and another person rents the pasture. One farm number, Two tract numbers. My name is on farm number so I have all base acres including the pasture. Their name is on both tracts and have same base acres as I do. I have three questions, 1. How can we both have the same total base acres even though I don't operate on their pasture, and they don't operate on my crop ground. There is about six times more crop ground then pasture. 2. If this is right, and we would get a payment, are we both going to get payed on base acres (two payments per base acre). 3. If they have been on there as other producers, have they been getting direct payments from the crop ground. I going back to the office this week, just thought I would see if anyone else has run into this (multiple operators on one farm). I guess it just doesn't seem right to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)