AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Someone explain Deeres programs to me please.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PrecisionNE
Posted 12/17/2014 07:56 (#4246066 - in reply to #4245659)
Subject: RE: Someone explain Deeres programs to me please.

Eastern Nebraska
Ok I'll try and touch on as much as I can for you. Here goes:

JDLink does have the location of your equipment, but it's more than that. You can actually see the performance metrics of your equipment, such as hours and fuel consumption, plus many more. You can even see idle times of equipment, so if you know that you have a hired guy idle-ing a lot you could be wasting fuel. I would get with your local dealer to show you all of the things that JDLink can do. I've heard a story of a guy who put a geofence (invisible boundary created in JDLink) around his farm. By doing this, an alert would be sent to him if any of his equipment left the boundary of the geofence. One night someone tried stealing his tractor and the alert went off. They were able to track the tractor and the cops arrested the guy on the spot. That's just a cool example.

I'm not too familiar with AgLogic, but I know it's used primarily with fleet management.

MyJohnDeere is going to become the hub for everything related to customers. They are working even with having Apex move to the web so you can utilize features like Wireless Data Transfer (utilized through the same equipment JDLink uses) to transfer your data to the web and in turn you could utilize your data either real time or after leaving the field.

Harvest Lab utilizes your forage harvester to take samples and analyze them.

Mobile Farm Manager is the portable version of Apex utilized on smart phones and tablets. You can use this app for field scouting and soil sampling as well as making notes on your fields, which can then be transferred to your Apex on your laptop or desktop.

If there are any other features you're curious about, please feel free to ask. I hope this helped a little.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)