AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How could it happen? A tale about gold
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/29/2014 10:12 (#4208536 - in reply to #4208231)
Subject: RE: cfdr and others, this might make some sense of it all

Pittsburg, Kansas

Some of the stuff that has come to light (via Freedom of Information Act) the CIA did to overthrow governments so more cooperative ones could be installed is enough to curl ones hair.

The re-written history that always comes to mind for me is Pearl Harbor. We were always taught that Japan attacked us, which was true. Just not the whole truth. Much, much later information shows that FDR was itching to get into the fight, shown I believe in private correspondence. He knew the American people would not stand for it, so he needed Japan to attack us first to justify involvement. So he put a blockade on Japan's oil supplies, knowing Japan would have no choice but to fight us. I never heard about that part in my American History class. How much stuff will come to light after you and I are long gone about the last few administrations that refutes what we have been told or has been written? How can we trust anything we are told?

I trust a lot less than I used to. Like the Russian/USA spat right now. I don't claim Putin to be a saint, but our government minions fingerprints are all over Ukraine. Is NATO itching for a fight? Sure looks like it based on the military buildup. Some economists actually believe war is good for the economy. Good for the winning side government if the spoils are large enough I guess. Bad for everybody else, including the peons on the winning side.

I'll probably get "moderated" for this post and should be. This is not marketing.

John

Edited by John Burns 11/29/2014 10:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)