AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versa/ Ravens 440/ T9030 What do I need?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/25/2014 08:10 (#4200176 - in reply to #4199098)
Subject: RE: Versa/ Ravens 440/ T9030 What do I need?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As far as using the Versa for the steering, I'm not sure what changes would be needed. I'm thinking that the mount for the OnTrac would be different.

Concerning using the Versa rather than the Raven 440 for NH3, a few items are needed. You will need an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module. This module can be used with liquids such as a sprayer with fertilizer or spray and with NH3 via the Raven Accu-flow NH3 system. This module has connections for the flowmeter input, an implement switch input, a control valve and section valve outputs.

This module can be mounted on the bar or in the cab. If it is mounted in the cab there is a cable available that can be used to connect it to your existing Raven NH3 cable. It is generally much cleaner to mount this module on the bar. The wiring from the NH3 components would then go directly to the module. The module would have a single cable containing Power/ground and the CAN connections.

Inside the tractor some other equipment is needed. A switchbox and some other circuitry is needed. Ag Leader has a 10 section switchbox which contains the CAN circuitry to mate to the system. Another alternative is to use a separate Auxiliary Input Module connected to a "dumb" switchbox.

I used to use the arrangement where the Auxiliary Module and Liquid Module were in the tractor cab. This results in a fair amount of cab clutter. I stuffed all these items in a small gym bag and placed this in the corner of the cab. I have now switched over to mounting the liquid module on the bar. There are advantages/disadvantages to doing this either way. In the past I would sometimes use one tractor or a different one. Having the components in the gym bag made moving from one tractor to the other easier. Now my situation has changed with the introduction of another tractor into the mix.

You mention going with section control as well. If you want automatic section control so the system shuts off a section automatically then the Versa would need to be unlocked for AutoSwath. If locked you could still shut off a section manually. This would require that you have two section valves on the bar. There are different ways to handle this but the most common way is to add a section valve for each side beyond the current On/Off valve. There are various ways the section control can be plumbed which are somewhat confusing to explain in words.

Edited by tedbear 11/25/2014 08:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)