AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fertilizer in Strip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/19/2014 10:34 (#4187949 - in reply to #4187771)
Subject: RE: Fertilizer in Strip

Morris, IL
Worse job in the fall beats best job in the spring, if things go right your fine. But if things go wrong? Mostly weather related. I've done enough spring NH3 to know they don't aways go right. Back probably 50+ years ago now relatives use to spring plow all corn stalks to beans. He plowed with harrow and waited till conditions were right, hit it with harrowgator once or twice and planted. But back then you could be planted beans in June no big deal. Spring sure pulls easier and mostly much nicer strip, but man you don't get a rain those strips can turn bone dry quick unless your packing it back down with planter day or two later, and who wants to be doing that with NH3.

Chris hope you get another chance to get some strips made. Normally you can count on still being able to do some tillage around thanksgiving, i know normally were never done till then but went extra hard and got done before frost. Somehow i'd like to get more setup as one man band that way we can combine with less help freeing me up to do strip till more easily. If we run dry and i have to do it alone i want to be in same field as combine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)