AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm probably the strangest person my Age
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tooth and nail
Posted 11/1/2014 17:58 (#4155592 - in reply to #4153479)
Subject: RE: I'm probably the strangest person my Age

havin'funfarming - 10/31/2014 07:57

Funny thing is our kids will probably think the same thing about our "old days" also. People will often sit around and talk about the "good old days" and have a good laugh. In truth though, there were many, many hardships that would be easy to prevent today. As an example, go visit a graveyard sometime and look at how many children passed on early. They had large families back then for a reason. Many didn't make it to adulthood. Also, the knowledge of what was happening in the world was a lot smaller then so it gave the impression of being simpler. As far as vehicles go in general they are built a lot better today. At least as far as the drivetrain goes. Many will last a few hundred thousand miles without even changing the spark plugs. The bodywork is no where near as dint resistant though. Needed a bigger hammer to do body work back then!

Wife and I mowed a cemetary for 5-7 years, there were several families who had 3-7 children buried there. Most died several years apart. 
Kinda taints the "Good ole Days" ,  don't kid yourself , it was TOUGH back then.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)