AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for 1586
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 10/23/2014 20:25 (#4142001 - in reply to #4141961)
Subject: RE: question for 1586

SEMN John - 10/23/2014 19:12

You replaced a 2nd gear in a CIH 1660?

Is it removed directly behind the hydrostat, or did you have to drop the transmission?

We're doing some troubleshooting right now...but the empty feeling in the gut tells me something is wrong.  

thanks in advance for any help.

John 

Hydro has to come off. Trans stays in. Have to pull shift rods out. The shift detents come out the bottom (springs and balls), pretty self explanatory but they hold the shift rod in place at one spot at a flat spot on the rod. Cover comes off. Have to pull the bearing caps and the trans shaft comes out. I changed the bearings since I already had purchased them but saw no need to once I saw how they still looked like new @ 3000hrs. Biggest struggle was working around the RH tire. If it has axle extensions it would be lots easier or pull the tire. Would do it again, especially since I have a shop to work in. Need a jack to drop the hydro. A&I has the 2nd gear (46 tooth) for $300. Not sure what CIH gets but thought it was close to $1000??? FWIW if you get a click it's probably the second gear gone as a result of not going all the way in from dirty shift rails.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)