AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any ideas on AL yield monitor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Allis4ever
Posted 10/20/2014 23:38 (#4137593 - in reply to #4135091)
Subject: RE: any ideas on AL yield monitor?

central iowa
caseihfarmer - 10/19/2014 15:19

i purchased a 9760 JD combine this year and took the entire yield monitor out of my 9550 that I got rid of last year and put it in this combine. It is an agleader system with an integra monitor. It seemed to work very well throughout beans, and I managed to keep it under 2% error the majority of the time. We have now switched to corn and I am unable to get it under 9%. When I switched to corn I checked the impact sensor and everything looked fine to me. I went out to calibrate and the first loads were way off, initially the first couple were 50% one way then 50% another. After weighing about 7 loads I had it down around 9%. I was very unhappy with that so went to the shop, tightened up the clean grain chain, and inspected things again. And created a whole new calibration. This time I took the calibration numbers that agleader says to use for this particular combine and went out and tried to calibrate again and this time things were closer initially but off approx. 9+% again. I weighed about 5 times now before my weigh wagon flew apart. Running 8 rows 6 mph in 200+ bu corn, then taking 2 rows at 3 mph. Trying different variations both times but seems that I cannot get it tuned in. The corn is kind of wet, running 18-20%. Im very frustrated. never seen an agleader system vary so much. any help would be appreciated.

I will know here in an hour or so if maybe the weigh wagon was acting funny but it has been pretty reliable over the years.

Did you retire the old calibration. try to keep the cal loads to a maximum of 6 in my opinion. If one speed fails and has a higher error than the others take it out and redo it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)