AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New lows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 9/22/2014 07:17 (#4087194 - in reply to #4087042)
Subject: RE: sales and reownership timing

Our local basis is at 36 under for fall and 28 under for Jan. It's probably only going to get wider for a while since fundamentals of transportation, storage and demand actually effect basis (unlike CME price). I don't have lots of storage so plan B might be to actually make sales or do a basis contract and reown using calls (which are pretty cheap) or make it even cheaper with some sort of spread (buy/sell an option). I get the idea everyone in the world will be doing this and I can't help but think that options are cheap because they are never going to increase in value. It is a futures market and maybe they do know or at least control the future.

The hope would be for a few less than stellar yield reports (recent reports are way into the too good too be true category*) that result in getting the interest of big money.

*there will be fields of 270 bushel corn, but not all soil is class A and I can see plenty of us being 'disappointed' with a measly 195 bpa or, more likely, 180 bpa on typically 160bpa ground. It's not all going to be above 200. I would like to think this time it's different, but it hasn't been in the past. It will still be a great year, but maybe not as great as all the predictions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)