AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This is getting serious with NoDak harvest
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ilikegolfguy
Posted 9/1/2014 22:46 (#4051200 - in reply to #4049908)
Subject: RE: This is getting serious with NoDak harvest

Velva, ND
Half done with wheat here. Had up to 7.5" the 16th-23rd and now pushing 1.5" last week. WW is sprounting...we were 1.4 sprout and 325ish fn's on saturday and then got .9" on Saturday night. Had to move today because couldn't navigate the ww. Spring wheat today started at 17% got down to 15%. Spring wheat is pretty big for our neck of the woods and elevators really haven't been that busy as most guys are binning their VOM or just don't like the price, or aren't able to go period. It's quite a scene out our way watching neighbors pull on combines (ah heck, me too...). Grain carts falling down to their axles for no apparent reason. Needed one more hopper to get a full truck saturday night so made "just one more round" in the dark and buried her on the way. Everyone around me is in a similar situation.

khall - Most of my neighbors raise Kelby, SY Soren, Barlow or Glenn. I raised Faller, Samson, Barlow and Soren this year. I would say that the NDSU varieties such as Barlow and Glenn are laying down bad and the Faller has spots. Everything else is standing up nice. Do you see a pattern your way?

Good luck to all.

(graincart.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments graincart.JPG (89KB - 49 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)