AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorry, I have two more thoughts about marketing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 8/31/2014 13:12 (#4048614 - in reply to #4047788)
Subject: RE: Sorry, I have two more thoughts about marketing.

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
one thing to consider in the future that has paid well is to ask for a bid from your local elevator to the terminal. i want my local elevator and want to support them, guess what, the teminal wanted the same thing i did. the terminal understands having a relationship with my local elevator is important and will pay up a little bit to keep that relationship. that little bit often supports the local elevator happy and me with the highest basis I can find. I store everything conventional and organic, wont grow it if i cant store it, but i still value my local elevator as a taxpayer and employer in my local community. never know when you might need a scale, never know when you want want someone to support your kids ball team, it all adds up BUTTTTT tickets dont always add up which is exactly why i keep tickets and record and check over. in 2000 delivored a load of corn on the first day of the year and 12 loads in the last week of 1999 to cargil. got paid for 12 loads, brought in tickets and they couldnt explain that first load of the year. refused to pay, then in 2005, got a call saying they found a mistake and wanted to pay me for the load i was missing for 5 years. new grain buyer didnt like the earfull i gave him when he stopped by and he made it a point to figure out why i had a ticket that was never paid for. I got paid thank god but sure was hard. I think the elevators make mistakes like we do, the key is to work with the ones who except they are human and correct their mistakes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)