AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who sets the price of corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 8/29/2014 19:41 (#4045880 - in reply to #4045786)
Subject: RE: Who sets the price of corn?

Nebraska aka the boondocks

first you must define the "market." Is it a market of farmers, no, or is it a market of traders dominated by fund managers?? Do the people in New York, London, Hong Kong, etc. care about a "fair market price for farmers?" HELL NO. They only care about themselves, just like everyone else. Do they care about the price of food or anything else?? They only care about one thing, and I assure you that is not you and I... If I was a fund manager I would do the same, what was in my best interest, whether dropping prices below the cost of production was ethical or not, why would I care? Why would I care if I drove prices too high and the feeders lost their ass? As we all know, Greed is Good, except of course until it is not. Besides everyone should know by now if you aren't a master trader than you are doomed to failure as a farmer. Farmers may all agree prices went too high. We may all agree on a range of 4.5 to 5.5, that doesn't mean squat to the money guys, they would rather, I would guess, that the range was $2 to $20. Volatility is their friend, not yours. then you would have more room to muscle your position. At the end of the day, it is what it is and short of a federal investigation, nothing will ever change at Duke and Duke.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)