AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what apps to put on neww phone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

jason.karels
Posted 8/24/2014 09:03 (#4035279 - in reply to #4029509)
Subject: RE: what apps to put on neww phone

The weather app I like the most is still the National Weather Services Website. You can set it for various locations, and set it as a bookmark and place it on your home screen. The only problem is that the weather radar is delayed, so I use an app from one of the TV stations(KSFY, souix falls, sd) we watch. It isn't theirs, as I have seen other stations with the same layout. The weather radar is updated within 5 minutes and while the instant alerts aren't perfect, they are pretty good for where I live.

I find my "SD511" app useful in the wintertime. I commute a long way to work, so knowing the word conditions before I go out is nice.

I use Evernote and Google Keep for note taking. I use Evernote for things I want to hang on to and Google Keep for miscellaneous notes like grocery items, to-do lists, etc.

I try to use a different password for every site I log in to. To keep them straight, I use LastPass. Well worth the $12.00/year. On Android devices, LastPass will auto-fill for me, most of the time.

I have a couple of calculators: Real-Calc, a separate financial calculator, and a "handy man calculator".

If you do your own spraying, Precision Laboratories' "Mix Tank", and Farm Pad's "Tank Mix Calculator" are useful. I use them each spraying season.

The app I use the most is Google Calendar. I would be lost without it.

If you are into listening to podcasts, "Doggcatcher" is great. I think it is only available on Android devices.

Droppbox is a good idea. I was using Google services when DropBox came out, so I use Google-Drive.

If you have a Facebook account, I would not recommended putting it on your phone. Facebook checks for updates constantly, and there isn't a way to shut-off that function permanently. It amounts to the phone constantly "waking up". The app is a BIG battery hog. I thought I had a bad battery with my phone, but when I deleted the app, the phone's battery life improved greatly.

The fun part for me is to try all kinds of apps. Most of the time there is a free version for you to try out if there is a cost. If you don't like it, just get rid of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)