AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good Luck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

c-xr-1
Posted 8/20/2014 11:56 (#4028437 - in reply to #4028171)
Subject: RE: Good Luck

Houston,Tx
sorry for the apparent sarcasm. it is my jaw dropping - instead.

it will affect bottom line # = production - this will take months to be realized, though.

already 2 field observes from about I-80 latitude -- saw a picture from a Pittsburg publication of a tree turning last Sun...mid-Aug./// 2nd obs - field obs from scout in Indiana yest. " soy leaves turning." quote from pro-farmer -------------------------------------This stop is between Flora and Delphi, Indiana where we ran into monstrous ears of corn and our first 30 inch row soybean field. The corn pop level made the yields a little lower than expected at around 180. The beans came in over 1900 as the population was higher than most seen this week. Insects, namely grasshoppers and stinkbugs were all over this bean field. As we travel late morning we are seeing some beans turning as we walk on more dry dirt.---------------------------------

From best est., fall is beginning 4-5 weeks early - nothing to do with frost...once leaves begin loosing chlorophyll - carbohydrate transfer begins shutting down. i.e. grain/pod fill.

thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)