AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

chopping corn silage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 8/19/2014 06:46 (#4026187 - in reply to #4025958)
Subject: RE: chopping corn silage

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
PeteMN - 8/18/2014 22:36

Small children can visit for a ride, but make it short and have everyone's eyes wide open. People need to focus on what their doing. Sorry if it rains on your parade, but nobody wants to hear of another farm tragedy involving children.

Sorry but you sound like the local wanna be preacher on another board I'm on that wants to set rules for everyone else.. That said I'm sure you meant it with good intentions.. There are of course those who are (and I'll use the word) stupid when it comes to letting little kids roam around unattended while working with machinery and such but they are the "few" who sadly end up in the news too.. Looks to me like dairyman78 doesn't fit in that group~ If he did he wouldn't be bright enough to have the equipment and management skills he does.. As far as children going for a ride and making it short I just don't follow that when you have a cab with a buddy seat and seat belt in it. Some people live in fear of everything and it's why their kids live the same way, afraid something bad is going to happen at every corner in life is a terrible way to live.. Some of the best memories my kids have while growing up are of riding with me in my tractor while doing custom work.. There was room for them to sit, lay down, sing and they were always in awe of the countryside beauty.. The best part was when I'd tell them it was lunch or coffee time and we'd shut things down, go out and sit beside a bale of hay and eat a picnic lunch..
There have been times in which I have shook my head when seeing a 7 year old riding a 4 wheeler along the road side or even a tractor down a busy highway no doubt but a little common sense goes a long way with watching over children like the OP aparently does..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)