AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Floor drains
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OHfarmer7
Posted 8/13/2014 05:23 (#4015979 - in reply to #4015769)
Subject: RE: Floor drains

West central Ohio
I agree with the strip drains, trough drains or what ever you call them. That way there is an area to catch any dirt and stuff that gets washed in. Then you can take the grate off and clean out as needed. Seen some guys use plastic strip drains like in a car garage but not sure how they would hold up to a forklift or heavy equipment. Make sure to put a p-trap in the PVC for each drain. After a few years of dirt and grime going down the drain they will start to smell. I would use as large or PVC as possible for the p-trap. Even if you have to reduce it down to a smaller size afterwards. That way there is less chance of it plugging.

We ended up pouring most of our floor flat except around the doors. The slop by the doors is for when we pull stuff in during the winter so the snow can melt and run down the drain. We put the drains in about 15 foot from the door. Our thought was it would be centered under the equipment and drain better. This works but the drains are a real pain to roll stuff across. Wish i would have put them about 5 foot from the doors so they would have been out of the way a little bit.

Everything else rarely gets wet so we thought having it flat would be nicer. Racks and tables set nicer. Tool boxes and creepers roll easier. Plus the large flat area is nice for leveling equipment and building stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)