AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

opinions please neighbors and cops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 8/2/2014 02:16 (#3997556)
Subject: opinions please neighbors and cops

Lubbock, Texas
so long story short there is a house on my block that because of the way things are with it most likely it will be an "issue" for the long term

several years back a "family" moved in and they were dealing, bootlegging, running a flop house for addicts and whores, a daycare/nightcare for kids, gangster hangout, gangster/wanted person mail drop and on and on

over 18 months and hundreds of calls to the cops and multiple other agencies by me and other neighbors and a lot of frustration they finally got swat teamed and grandma house dress and the gang went to prison (state I was told not just county)

so another family moved in and while they were not ideal neighbors they were much better than the last group and I and other neighbors talked with them frequently and their "issues" were their own issues not the rest of ours and it was several years of things going just fine

well unfortunately they are not out of there and have been for several months and the other neighbors and I have been wondering what will happen with the place

one tried to buy it, but was told there are "title issues" and the person actually listed on the sign selling it said they did not even know who held clear title (I think this is a lie, but who knows, but long story short again I think the owner does not really want to sell it they want to keep "deed of trusting it")

so the new crew moved in just a few weeks back and in less than 4 days I heard a "pssst" of air brakes on a large vehicle out front one day just before sundown and looked out to see an armored personnel carrier (a BIG one like in Iraq) and watched as first all I could see was two plain cloths officers and then one guy in full combat gear came out and handed one of them a 6 shot tear gas launcher and then I watched as about 12 guys in full combat gear came down the alleyway and grouped up in the front yard

then over the next half hour no less than 7 undercover cars with at least 12 more officers undercover in mask + a marked unit rolled up and so about 30 officers total

went next door and talked to the neighbors and we kind of laughed about old times and wondered WTH are we in for now

I waited and tried to talk to the uniformed officer a bit as he was leaving and like a good officer he really did not want to even talk to me and wanted to get going

anyway I have been watching them now of course and I am seeing all the same signs of dealing some small scale dealing and some that looks like they might be more mid level/stash house

I have been calling in on then when I see the activity and of course with limited success.....well tonight I call in and basically dispatch ask if I want to meet with an officer and I say no I have no interest in walking out to the middle of the street and letting my neighbors figure out that I am one of the ones that is calling the cops on them (other neighbors might be as well I have talked to them)

dispatch does not want to send anyone out and wants me to call the "tip line"

I explain that they already know who these people are because they sent 12+ guys in an APC and combat gear and 30 officers total (to get ONE PERSON caught) and that I want them to catch some people and get these people out of my neighborhood and along with that I have tried calling to the neighborhood officer ad when he called me back his number was 00000000 so I did not answer thinking it was the free alarm guys (maybe I need to take them up on that scam) and when I called right back he has never called me back since (nice public service)

I will most likely be going down there in person Monday and demanding to speak to someone in person

but my question is am I the crazy one that has no interest in calling the cops at 11:30 at night when freaks are walking up to my neighbors house from the shadows and not wanting to meet with an officer out in the street so I can start point at the house and having the cop shine his light all over the house (like they did when they actually came out the other night and I almost did go out and talk to them)

I mean I have to live with these idiots.....you know the idiots that the cops came out in an APC with 12 guys in full combat gear to catch one of them + at least 2X that many officers total.....I don't have an APC to rise around in or full combat gear to run around in.....I am just one person.......right now I feel like screaming at the cops, but some good that will do......hopefully I calm down by Monday, but I am not ready for 18 months of this again and if the cops want it to where I feel like my neighbors might be going to confront me......you know the neighbors the cops saw fit to come visit in an APC and combat gear......well any "fear" on my part will probably result in me having a story to tell that supports my fears and the others not being in a position to tell their side of the story......but I would rather avoid all of that.....but I am not sure the cops get that or care......I sure wish they would just tell me to handle it and then they will just not show up after THAT......but no I don't think it works that way :(

I guess just venting and wondering an I the crazy one for not wanting those type of people to look out their window and see me and the cops looking at their house while the cops shine their flash lights all over the place.....then leave...while I stay....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)