AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving from AgLeader Insights to Integras
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/1/2014 06:23 (#3996037 - in reply to #3995738)
Subject: RE: Moving from AgLeader Insights to Integras

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got into this situation as well. I have had many of the Ag Leader products through the years. I started out with a YM2000, then a PF3000 and then an Insight. Since I used the Insight in several situations, I got to the point that I needed a second one.

I got along with them very well. The two Insights I have are both steering unlocked. My Deere 8120 tractor uses a Trimble Nav II with external valves for steering. Last year I bought a lease return 8310R. I went with an Integra there for steering with a GeoSteer via Deere's CAN system. This is used for planting with seed monitoring, fertilizer monitoring and spray control.

I am in a bit of a dilemma due to the steering situation. The Insights and Integra can be moved around but this limits my steering choices. This year the planting variety maps are on the Integra so putting it in the combine rather than an Insight would seem reasonable for the variety tracking. However that would mean that autosteer would not be available in the 8310R since the Insight cannot work with the steering in that tractor.

I sprayed with the 8120 and an Insight. For spraying I find it handy to use autosteer to get me on the correct set of rows. After I'm on the rows I snap the wheel to disengage the steering and steer manually across the field. Here I could have used the Integra but I wouldn't have had autosteer although I could have had onscreen guidance.

I will likely leave the Integra in the 8310R, an Insight in the 8120 and use the other Insight in the combine. This means the tractors will have autosteer capability at all times if it is desirable. The downside will be the lack of onscreen variety maps on the combine. I will still have my printed maps along with me. One of my partners did have some split planter situations where the onscreen variety maps would be helpful. I don't see a smooth way around that unless the Integra were used in the combine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)