AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble trucount cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/29/2014 08:24 (#3991425 - in reply to #3991319)
Subject: RE: Trimble trucount experiences

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I had Tru-Count air clutches on a ProDrive Deere 1760 for several years. I was running it with an Insight and Ag Leader's seed command module but the air clutches, compressor etc would be the same.

My planter originally came with chain drive and 3 bushel boxes. I had converted it to ProDrive some years before I added the Tru-Count clutches. The Tru-Count clutches for ProDrive mount on the planter unit itself rather than on the seed shaft. A hole saw is used to make a hole through the left fender of each row unit. The drive parts are changed so the air-clutch mechanism can disengage each row. An air hose runs from each row along the frame eventually to an air valve box. The planter can be split up in many combinations. I set mine up in four-three row sections. I could have set it up in 6-2 row sections but this would involve purchasing another air valve box as each handles four sections. I would advise going that route.

It would have been possible to go with 12-1 row sections which would seem better. However this can be counterproductive as GPS drift might cause a row to be shutoff inappropriately. Since I used four-three row sections, the air line from the valve box port 1 split and went to rows 1-3 etc. Thus rows 1-3 cycled ON/OFF together. The configuration in the electronics handled this and only applied electricity to the valve box port 1 when all rows 1-3 had covered their area.

I got along very well with this setup. The Tru-Count clutches should be cleaned. With the seed shaft mounting scheme this involves a fair amount of work to get them off. With the ProDrive setup, the clutches can be removed quite easily and disassembled. I would remove mine and clean them on the bench as part of my yearly preseason check of the planter.

The air compressor is usually mounted on the planter. In my case, I chose to mount it temporarily on the tractor so that it could be removed in the off season. By having it on the tractor, I could easily route the air intake for the compressor inside the cab where the air would be considerably cleaner. The compressor needs to be wired directly to the tractor battery for best results.

I have since moved on to a larger planter and sold the 1760 to a private party. They weren't ready to go to the electronic control of the row sections but I built them a manual switchbox where they can shut off sections themselves if they desire. I have Ag Leader's SureVacs on the newer planer.

Edited by tedbear 7/29/2014 08:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)