AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air brake trouble with older L 9000 Ford.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

towman2000
Posted 7/28/2014 08:24 (#3989722 - in reply to #3989603)
Subject: RE: Air brake trouble with older L 9000 Ford.

SouthCentral WI
The way it is suppose to work is, you have the compressor feeding the dryer (if you have one) to the wet tank and then 2 feeds out. 1 to the primary, 1 to the secondary. both of these lines have check valves in them. It is strange that one is building up all the way in one tank and the other isn't. An air leak will usually make both tanks remain the same pressure WHEN THEY ARE BUILDING AIR. Unless you are confusing the wet and secondary. Sometimes these two tanks (wet and Primary)are in the same tank with a bulkhead weld in the middle of the tank.
If it had an air dryer, did you hook up the sensor and dryer control line in the right order on the governer? Sensor line goes on the end, Air dryer middle, vent port is next to adjuster end. Worst comes to worst take the supply line (large line) off at the compressor an hook shop air to it. It will make diagnoses much simpler.
http://totaltruckparts.net/brake/airschematics.html
This isn't the diagram I wanted, but it shows what I mean.
Towman
Edit: I see you don't have an air dryer, so the center port on the compressor (small line) gets plugged. Are the pressure reading from the gauges on the dash when you are building air, parking brakes set. You may have an air leak? fan clutch? brake valves above drive axle? air ride? Maybe a pressure relief valve on one tank, since you said you were over pressurizing the system, maybe a rotted air tank (it is a 71). An air leak isn't the first thing I would look for if it doesn't BUILD air correctly. Again hooking an outside air source to the supply line will make the job much easier.

Edited by towman2000 7/28/2014 08:46

(Air brake Diagram.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Air brake Diagram.jpg (61KB - 477 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)