AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Young Farmer wanting to rent ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KNFarms
Posted 7/24/2014 22:19 (#3984511 - in reply to #3984465)
Subject: RE: Young Farmer wanting to rent ground

Southwest Iowa
larryshoat - 7/24/2014 22:01
For those that didn't do as well, no big deal,  never too late to change a little

Maybe you should try this.
Coming on here saying that every young guy that advertises in the paper to try and rent ground is doing nothing but advertising how inexperienced they are is a terrible attitude.

I guess what I'm saying is put yourself in a young mans shoes in this day and age and explain to me how you would go about trying to get your name out that you are interested in renting land?? And for what its worth NO I have never put an ad in the paper wanting to rent ground either.

Since the day I started at 17 its been an uphill battle and I have had no handouts along the way. Not looking for one either. I started with nothing and am slowly building acres every year. Also I am building one heck of a custom application business that is growing further than I ever imagined when I took that leap.

I'm not trying to be an A$$ about this just simply stating that maybe you should put yourself back at 20ish in todays economy and figure out how you would try to start again and then encourage some young guys that you know and give them a little advice here and there
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)