AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bushog for skidsteer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/24/2014 12:26 (#3983708 - in reply to #3983506)
Subject: RE: bushog for skidsteer?

central - east central Minnesota -

CW IL - 7/24/2014 09:14 What brand? Will an 1845c have enough hyd capacity? Would want to be able to mow under fences. Have no experience with one, so any advice helpful! Thanks! Craig Edit: Spec sheet shows 16gpm@2300 psi for an 1845c.

I run a brush wolf (Cross Tech Mfg) - they've been in the business longer then anyone else. It's about indestructible.

My Cat skidsteer is just under 16gpm so  you'd have no problems with a 60 in brush mower. They (all skidsteer brush cutters with lower hydraulic flows) are not fast  in heavy grass (canary grass) and other thick grasses. Part of the problem is the grass has no place to discharge after being cut . . ..

Next cutter I get will have the open or exposed blade tips in the front for brushing also . . .. .

Consider Brush Wolf - http://www.brushwolf.com/

EDIT: For safety - you need a door on the cab for protection from flying debris coming out from under the mower deck toward the cab  . .. . . .. Don't even consider a brush mower for a skidsteer with out it. I"ve broken at least one door glass each year from flying debris, hidden in the grass.

Second EDIT:  You also want one with a stump jumper blade carrier on it - it helps with no wrecking the drive system and bending blades. 

Edited by iseedit 7/24/2014 12:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)