AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying pasture with a Rogator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

730diesel
Posted 7/24/2014 20:28 (#3984214 - in reply to #3983335)
Subject: RE: Spraying pasture with a Rogator

NE ND
I've got an 854 and sprayed lots of CRP that was coming out in the last couple years. This is simpler as I was spraying RU and the rate doesn't really matter that much. There was times I was going to 3-4 mph as it was so rough a guy could hardly take it. I just switch the Raven to manual, set it at 30-40 psi and go. I have some more to do this fall and it will likely be the same 3-4 as it is terribly rough.

I do spray one of my pastures for Canadian thistle every now and then, it is full of big rocks, old piles of posts etc. I pour in enough chemical for a weak rate and find at time I'm going 2-3 mph so the rate comes up anyways. The thistles are dead and the renter is happy so good enough.

One time spraying CRP I asked the owner if there was anything in all of that 2-3 foot grass I should know about.......nope, nothing at all. Randomly out in the field was this one round rock, sitting right on top of the ground. I would say it was a good 36" tall. I was looking at the RH boom when all of a sudden I looked out the windshield and all I saw was clouds. The LH front wheel climbed right over it and when it came down I was sure the battery box, ladder, and fuel tank had to be gone, but it was all OK. Super glad I was only going 3-4 mph. If I'd of hit that at 10-14 mph it would have been a different story.

I wouldn't worry about wheel motors one bit. I'd worry about the butt kickin the booms take bouncing over all of that rough stuff.

Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)