AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Next 5 years in ag
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jmewes
Posted 7/21/2014 22:29 (#3979717 - in reply to #3979639)
Subject: RE: Next 5 years in ag

EC ND
I had the opportunity to visit with the lady from DuPont last year. Contrary to what the others posted, she took her time and genuinely listened to what we had to say. You could tell she was listening by the intelligent follow-up questions she asked. I think that we are too quick to judge some folks in large corporations. We really should remember that they got where they are because they are good at what they do. The good ones know that the surest way to make investors happy is to make your customers happy first. I think she gets that.

Now on to your question. I would really like to see the the large corporations do a better job of going to work for their farmers when it comes to regulatory issues. The EPA and it's regulations have the potential to make life much worse for us than $3 corn ever could. As farmers, we can share a strong message in Washington, but unfortunately, without the money to support the cause, our efforts come up short. If we could get the large corporations to see the impact increased regulation has on all of us, they may understand that they can use their financial strength to truly be a force for positive change. Ellen needs to look no further than her own backyard to see the impacts of the increased regulations in the Chesapeake Bay region. That is the message I would pass along to her.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)