AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new strip-till machine, Pro 700, Raven controllers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 7/20/2014 14:37 (#3977117)
Subject: new strip-till machine, Pro 700, Raven controllers

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
Greetings,

I have been running an old ammonia bar as my strip rig. It is fairly simple. At one time I did dual placement (non-suspension liquid) from a nose tank and am now thinking about pulling a Montag liquid cart and applying higher GPA in dual placement with the ammonia. Ammonia is controlled by a Raven Accuflow system. I am going to buy and set up a new strip rig so am thinking about the dual placement thing and how to control both fertilizers.

When I did it before, I used one section of my Raven 440/450 to control the liquid as I was using fixed pressure settings that were "close enough" with the other section on/off, flow control ammonia via from the Raven Accuflow system.

I am now running Pro700 with my Raven 450 to log my spraying. That works "OK". However, it would be nice to control both ammonia and the liquid from the Pro 700.

Questions:
1- Would it be more simple and nearly as cost effective to run both through the Pro 700 as opposed to just the liquid and control the ammonia like I have been doing with my sprayers just simple logging with the Pro 700 via the serial attached to the Raven 450... if unlocking and buying nodes that is?

2- What pump system makes sense to mount on the Montag cart for Pro 700 control? On the planter I have a diaphram pump which is a neat system. Should a guy look at those systems put together by third party like http://www.surefireag.com/products. Of course cost comes into mind. I have a friend who says his squeeze pump is still doing a good job. Those little electric pumps haven't held up well for me. I haven't tried hyd drive centrifugal for this purpose. I have used PTO roller pumps but they seem to rust too fast. I have spare Raven flow meters and control valves from past projects so incorporating them into a home built Pro 700 capable system is another middle step if I have some help with the node, harness and unlock thing.

3- If I pull the Montag behind my planter to apply two fertilizer products at once (one with the Case/IH system, the other with the system I use for strip-till) can I do that while monitoring the planter and applying fertilizer through the CIH system? Does the Pro700 have capacity for this?

I am not too familiar with the nodes and such a guy needs to use with the CAN system so this is where I would need some help.

Just thinking out loud. Ideas will be appreciated. I can always go simple as I have in the past but trying to think a bit higher up the technology chain.

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by notilltom 7/20/2014 14:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)