AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

504 Case Engine Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 7/9/2014 14:45 (#3959649 - in reply to #3959290)
Subject: RE: 504 Case Engine Question

Wi

Varment - 7/9/2014 10:43 Have a 2670 with a bad engine . Every thing else on the tractor works good . Main use for the tractor is grain buggy and maybe some tillage but not much so I can't see spending a whole bunch on it and can't justify buying a different tractor at this time . Might be cheaper to buy a donor tractor but not sure what other model might be the same . Would a 1570 motor be the same or are there differences internally ? Really just looking for a good long block to put in it .

The overhaul kit I bought for ours with all bearings, gaskets and cylinder packs was around $1,200 or so IIRC. Less than $1,500 in parts I know that. Had some money in machine work because our block was pitted where sleeves seal but otherwise still wasn't into it for very much money after getting everything checked and fixing what was needed.  Without figuring in your time you could redo one to reman long block condition for 5k or so depending on what extra machining you may need.  To me 5k is nothing on a motor of that size compared to other things. I can't do a diesel pickup motor for that, heck a little TDI Motor looks expensive compared to that.  The best part is that you know what you have when you are done.  Buying a junkyard motor or used tractor you could end up in the same boat in a year, in 20hrs, in 2,000hrs or never. You won't really know, but with a rebuilt motor you will know.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)