AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tracks tractor questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mr.D
Posted 6/29/2014 10:46 (#3942646 - in reply to #3942568)
Subject: RE: tracks tractor questions

NC Iowa
I don't have any pictures to share for you and I don't use a track tractor for side dressing, however we have three different farms in the neighborhood that use track tractors for post work. One has used his track tractor for a number of years now for his post spraying on corn. Never have seen his headland look any worse than what anyone else has. Second operation uses a track tractor on their 24 row planter, they needed to rotary hoe their corn this year and used their track tractor(40' hoe), then they sprayed their corn post with the track machine, and finally they side dressed their corn with a 24 row unit and their track tractor. Again, headlands look about the same. The third operation is planted with 40' planters and was side dressed with a 24 row unit. I believe it was done by a commercial applicator. Operator didn't slow down on headlands while turning and made some pretty good sized berms. Not what I would like to see. I think a lot of it comes down to tractor operator and how they handle headlands and corners. We have a larger track tractor that we use for tillage in the fall and spring. I know if you slow down on the headland and learn how to make a nice gentle turn, berming is much less. My 2 cents. Mr.D
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)