AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

milwaukee cordless drills
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 6/29/2014 21:18 (#3943625 - in reply to #3943445)
Subject: RE: milwaukee cordless drills

Wi
stevehin - 6/29/2014 19:49

durallymax, thanks for clarity, you should work in communications. So, here is how dumb I am. Are you telling me that an m18 red lithium XC 4.0 will work with the work light?

Also, I have an 18 volt 2 speed Milwaukee grease gun. Will the fuel batteries work on it?

It can all be pretty confusing with the sales pitches. DeWalts 20v max line is confusing to many because it's the same as an 18v, just that 18v batteries will come off the charger at 20v usually. The way a battery pack works is by assembling cells in series and parallel. For lithium 18v they often use 18650 high discharge cells. 18650 is the dimension (18mm x 650mm). These operate at 3.7v but can safely run between 2.6 and 4.2v. If you overcharge or pull a lithium down too low they can explode and or catch fire. The batteries have a protection circuit to prevent this. 5 cells are linked in series for 18.5v. Since they come off the charger at 4v each often you end up with around 20v.

Any M18 pack will work with any M18 tool. There is no such thing as a fuel battery. The fuel means the tool has a brushless motor, the batteries are the same. Older M18 are 1.5 and 3.0ah. Newer ones are 2.0 and 4.0 and say so on the battery pack itself. The larger battery will be thicker. This is because they have two rows of 5 cells on top of each other for longer run time. So yes the batteries that would come in the fuel kit will work with any of the lights shown as well as your grease gun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)