AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford glass problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

klintdog
Posted 6/11/2014 13:39 (#3913652)
Subject: Ford glass problems

SW North Dakota
Interesting situation here. Was driving home last week and the rear window of my 2013 F150 imploded into the back seat of the pickup. Was turning off of the highway on to a gravel road, and only doing about 20mph. What makes this strange is this is the 3rd Ford vehicle in the last 3 years to have a window explode. My wife's 2010 Ford Edge had the rear window explode 2 years ago while it was parked in front of our house, and my 2012 F350 had the passenger window explode last summer while doing 65mph on the highway. The F350 exploded with such force that the glass actually cut up the passenger arm rest. We were somewhat fortunate that the driver rear window on the F150 exploded. Had it been the passenger window it would have filled our rear facing car seat with glass and covered my 1 year old in shards. I've spoken with Ford on every occasion and they claim that we're the only ones having this problem. Warranty will not cover these, and I'm obviously starting to get a little gun shy.

What would you want the dealer or Ford to do in this situation? I purchased the F150 brand new in January. Currently has 11,500 miles on it. F350 was purchased brand new from the same dealership and had 40,000 when that window went. The Edge was purchased used from a different dealer and had 60,000 on it when that window let loose.

Thinking of making the switch over to a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500. Any opinions on those?

(rear windows.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rear windows.jpg (153KB - 75 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)