AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New grain set up: phase converter? With pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

benc
Posted 6/12/2014 20:43 (#3915959 - in reply to #3911787)
Subject: RE: New grain set up: phase converter? With pics

SE Michigan
BurkFarms - 6/10/2014 14:26

We are currently putting up a new grain set up. There was some confusion on single and 3 phase when things were ordered.
There is no chance of us getting 3 phase where we are at so a phase converter is the only option.
We were under the impression that our 5" air system and dryer would all be on 3 phase.
Everything shows up and the only motors that are 3 phase are the 20 hp on the blower and 1 hp on the air loc.
dealer said we can go 3 routes.

1: They can order us a new 3 phase dryer that will be here by late July (plenty of time for corn harvest)

2: leave the dryer single phase and run the blower and air loc through phase converter.

3: Or they claim they can get there hands on a 20 hp single phase motor, this idea excites me the least.

Dryer has 1: 15 HP motor
2: 5 HP motors

Electrical work is something I have very little knowledge on.

I have 3 phase from power co so no converter, but if I was in your shoes and starting from scratch every thing would be 3 phase iven though using a converter.

I was surfing web some time in past trying to help a friend and was looking about building your own converter. One of the things mentioned (I have no knowledge of this) was as long as you were fussy in the order you starter the motors all you needed was a converter large enough to start the largest motor and all motors already started helped to act like converters for additional motors.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)